I remember this day.. This was the day of the Girl-tec, Vans Combi Pool Classic, or whatever you want to call it. I’m not too proud of it but everyone has bad days or mess ups. You just have to remember to learn from them. I knew I wasn’t ready for the contest that day, I feel like too many people had confidence in me and I had already place the seed of self doubt that I could not live up to their expectations. I feel like I half assed trying to live up to that. On top of that a little over a week before this day I fell skating here, chipped my teeth, and busted my lip. So I had the thought of falling on my face lingering in my brain while I was trying to practice, and still often do. Someday I’ll get over it. I really just didn’t feel prepared enough, for most part, and contests you usually don’t feel prepared enough with your lines or tricks, but it was different. I wasn’t mentally prepared. I don’t believe I’ve ever had that problem. I know how to avoid it now but to explain that process I’m at at loss. I don’t really care about placings anymore, I’m more focused on my personal best, which I think is a lot more difficult to achieve. Next time I’ll do better.
Side note: I believe there is a lack of sincerity in the world, help change that.
- some-special-things likes this
- gabrielsorrisoxd likes this
- pizza-punk-skates reblogged this from somethinggreatpurple
- skateebrat likes this
- gointoexile likes this
- kidradicalreigns reblogged this from somethinggreatpurple
- kidradicalreigns likes this
- apucciarelli likes this
- dust-inyourface likes this
- dust-inyourface reblogged this from somethinggreatpurple and added:
- somethinggreatpurple posted this